Salary: Up to £70,000 + Car Allowance
This is a unique opportunity for someone with experience within the Events & Exhibition sector. I am now working with a growing Exhibition and Event stands manufacturers in the North West and they are now looking for an experienced Operations Director to join their team.
The Operations Director is responsible for leading and developing the Production Department. You will plan, coordinate and control the manufacturing processes, making sure that the exhibition goods are produced efficiently, with the right resource, at the right cost and level of quality.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Supervising and supporting a multi-disciplined team to assemble exhibition stands
- Quality checking the items and ensuring accuracy once completed
- Ensuring both internal and external teams are working to a very high standard
- Daily planning of fabrication production operations, both pre-production and production stages
- Ensuring the Production Department meets weekly and monthly targets
- Using all resources effectively to manage and improve productivity and output
- Coordinating with other internal managers / supervisors / stakeholders
- Reviewing the production processes, identifying issues and addressing same
- Reporting concerns and rectifying any issues
- Monitoring costs and implementing cost saving exercises
- Responsible for adhering to quality standards
- Managing the coordination and overall integration of all activities in the Production Department with the rest of the Company
- Constantly meeting forecasted demands for the Production Department
- Determining resource requirements to support project schedules and commitments
- Training new and current team members
- Conducting 121s and appraisals for the internal team in accordance with Company policy and procedure along with the HR Department.
- Controlling the budget of the Department.
- Maintaining a work environment that is safe, ethical, and teamwork oriented.
- Contributing towards the Facilities management of Company premises.
- Responsible for managing the logistics of products / services to site e.g. on time delivery of products, correct transportation, correct build up / break down.
- Accountability for ensuring all Health, Safety and Security (HSS) process requirements and compliance needs are effectively managed and satisfied for audit purposes.
- To contribute to the development of business strategy as a member of the senior team.
Skills required to apply:
- Time served knowledge of fabrication industry/ manufacturing experience
- Proven experience of working in an exhibition / event management environment.
- Track record of successful production management in previous roles.
- Proven track record of successful people management in previous roles.
- Client and service delivery focused.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Contract management and negotiation.
- Ability to continuously prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Knowledge of stakeholder service principles and practices in the exhibition industry.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Planning and organisation skills to be able run and monitor the production process;
- Able to work in a logical, systematic manner.
If you want to hear more about the opportunity, please contact Izabella on 07834 687 701!